The AASL Professional Service Award recognizes that professional development opportunities and support are essential throughout a professional career, and that the quality of the annual conference is enriched by the presence of librarians with substantial professional experience. The award aims to encourage continued involvement of experienced academic librarians in the annual AASL conference, to promote AASL membership and membership retention, and to promote a diverse and inclusive organization.
1. The amount of $600.00, to be awarded in person at the annual meeting
2. Waiver of annual AASL dues for a period of one year
1. An applicant must be a member of AASL for at least three years prior to the award application.
2. An applicant must have at least eight years post-MLS professional experience and be currently employed in a library serving an architecture program.
3. An applicant must lack sufficient funding to attend the annual meeting.
4. The recipient must be able to attend the AASL conference.
5. A recipient may only receive this grant once.
The application includes the following which is to be e-mailed to the chair of the AASL Awards Committee.
1. Name and contact information
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Narrative addressing the eligibility criteria and how the award and its purpose will benefit the applicant (500 word limit)
4. Recommendation(s) by an AASL member (500 word limit)
Inquiries about the award should be directed to Amy Trendler, firstname.lastname@example.org.