The deadline for the 2020 award is January 30, 2020.
By providing support to attend the AASL annual conference, the Frances Chen Travel Award enhances the professional development of librarians in the United States and Canada who serve academic architecture degree programs. The award is named in honor of the late Frances Chen, a long-time librarian at Princeton University’s School of Architecture whose regular presence at conferences added joy as well as a seasoned professional perspective.
1. The amount of $600.00, to be awarded in person at the annual meeting
2. Waiver of annual AASL dues for a period of one year
1. Any current AASL member who has belonged to the organization for a period of three years or less or any current AASL member who is a first time conference attendee is eligible to apply.
2. Applicants must be professionals employed as an information or visual resources specialist serving faculty and students in an academic architecture program.
3. The recipient of the award must confirm by e-mail that he or she is able to meet the requirement of full conference attendance.
4. The recipient of the award will submit a brief post-conference report for posting on the AASL Website. The report should outline conference activities and experiences and include an account of how the award supported professional development goals.
1. Complete the application form: https://forms.gle/gAQwnCmdaFnwkYiQA