The AASL Student Travel Award is intended to introduce a library school student or recent graduate interested in a career in architecture school librarianship to the membership and activities of AASL through in-person attendance at the organization’s annual conference. The awards committee will also consider applications from currently enrolled or recently graduated (within twelve months) M.Arch or B.Arch students who are pursuing careers in architecture librarianship. The award defrays travel expenses for in-person attendance of the annual AASL Conference, provides free membership to AASL for one year, and provides a registration fee waiver for the annual AASL conference.
1. The amount of the award is up to $750.00 to defray travel expenses.
2. Conference registration fee waiver.
3. Waiver of annual AASL student membership fees for a period of one year. If applicable, the award recipient will also have the option to be paired with a fellow conference attendee ('buddy") to support them in navigating their first AASL conference experience.
1. Students who are currently enrolled in an ALA accredited graduate program or individuals who have graduated from an ALA accredited program within twelve months of the application deadline are eligible to apply for this award. Consideration will also be given to M.Arch or B.Arch students who are pursuing careers in librarianship.
2. The recipient of the award must confirm in writing via e-mail that they able to meet the requirement of in person or virtual conference attendance.
3. The award recipient must submit a brief post-conference report for posting on the AASL Website. The report should outline conference activities and experiences and include an account of how the award supported the recipient's professional development goals.
1. Complete the application form here, https://forms.gle/w9PnmS4BxRRX4KHp7, by Friday, February 9 at 11:59pm Pacific Time.
3. If you would like to preview the application questionnaire prior to submitting your application, you may see a preview version of the application form here: https://forms.gle/LwbdaytL1p75EQ268