The application period for 2017 is now closed.
The AASL Distinguished Service Award recognizes an individual who has achieved distinction in the profession. Nominees should have demonstrated achievements in one or more of the following areas:
1. Outstanding and sustained service to the profession through active participation, advocacy, or leadership in AASL or related organizations.
2. Outstanding and sustained service to a library or resource serving an academic architectural program in a manner consistent with the highest standards of the field. These standards may be met in a variety of ways, including activity that involves exceptional creativity, innovation, leadership, or scholarship.
3. Significant research or publication in any media or format that demonstrates the value of architecture librarians and their profession.
4. Outstanding and sustained performance as a teacher in the field of architecture librarianship or a closely related field.
1. The amount of $600.00.
2. Lifetime membership in the Association of Architecture School Librarians.
1. Current or past membership in AASL is required.
2. The award may be given posthumously.
3. Previous recipients of the award are not eligible for nomination.
4. Members may not self-nominate.
The application includes the following which is to be e-mailed to Amy Trendler, email@example.com, chair of the AASL Awards Committee.
1. The official letter of nomination which addresses the award criteria
2. Three letters which support and document the nominee’s contributions
3. A copy of the nominee’s CV should be available upon request. Current Awards Committee members may not contribute to a nomination package.
Inquiries about the award should be directed to Amy Trendler, firstname.lastname@example.org.