We are excited to announce our 2023 conference, taking place March 16th-19th!
With the theme of New Routes, in addition to meeting on our own, we have chosen a fun venue for the conference, and ideas to spark your imagination for conference proposals.
Our venue will be the El Vado Motel in Albuquerque, near downtown, allowing us to see the architecture and the city in conjunction with tours being planned.
The El Vado is a fun and unique location for our conference. AASL will be the sole occupants of all the spaces, including a meeting room, the restaurants in the motel (there are two or three). There are a variety of restaurants nearby. More information will be provided about the motel, tours, etc. in coming weeks.
Call for Proposals:
New Routes implies that we are moving in new directions, in our profession and in our institutions. This conference offers us a time to think about the new routes we are taking and how we are approaching them. We invite individuals from across our community to share insights and experiences. Whether you offer decades of knowledge or are just beginning your career, we want to hear from you on our conference theme New Routes:
Responding to New Curricular Directions
- Special Collections and Archives
- Engagement with the curriculum
Changes and New Routes in Research
- New approaches to research
- How we Expand Approaches to Engaging in Research
- How are we Collaborating Differently?
Conference programming will include different formats: lightning-talks, conference papers, group workshops, and discussion panels. We will also have some great tours and other opportunities to connect with each other.
Proposers can opt for the proposal to be a lightning talk or a presentation.
- Lightning Talks: 5-minute presentations limited to 15 images/slides at 20 seconds each
- Conference Paper Presentations: 15-minute presentations, with five additional minutes for audience questions
- Group Workshops: 1-hour participatory sessions where the audience gets to explore a new tool or process using their laptops
- Discussion Panels: 45-minute discussion/debate between a group of four or fewer presenters on a single topic, with 15 additional minutes reserved for audience participation
- Vendor/Sponsor showcase
- Keynote speaker
Submission form can be found here.
Submission deadline; Midnight EST, Friday, November 11th, 2022.