The Association of Architecture School Librarians (AASL) is now accepting applications for the 2017 AASL Student Travel Award. The award supports attendance at the AASL annual conference, which will be held in Detroit, March 23-25, 2017. The application deadline is January 27, 2017.
The AASL Student Travel Award is intended to introduce a library school student or recent graduate interested in a career in architecture school librarianship to the membership and activities of AASL through attendance at the organization’s annual conference.
1. The amount of $600.00, to be awarded in person at the annual meeting
2. Waiver of annual AASL dues for a period of one year
1. Students who are currently enrolled in an ALA accredited graduate program or individuals who have graduated from an ALA accredited program within twelve months of the application deadline are eligible to apply for this award.
2. The recipient of the award must confirm in writing via e-mail that she or he is able to meet the requirement of conference attendance.
3. The recipient of the award will submit a brief post-conference report for posting on the AASL Website. The report should outline conference activities and experiences and include an account of how the award supported professional development goals.
1. Complete the application form: https://goo.gl/forms/lnRQO3voMdwqEwb13.
2. Send a current curriculum vitae to AASL Awards Committee chair, Amy Trendler, email@example.com.
Applications are due January 27, 2017.
Inquiries about the award should be directed to: Amy Trendler, firstname.lastname@example.org.